- Knitting Coffees at the Museum
Since 2014, in partnership with the City Museums, we organise some amazing knitting-coffees, on a regular basis.
These meetings usually take place on fridays, from 10 to 12 AM, and are open to everyone, whether you know how to knit or not.
Our Knitting-Coffees are amazing occasions to meet new people, to learn an ancient know-how, to chill and chat while knitting and drinking a cup of coffee. If you're lucky, you may even eat a piece of the delicious cakes baked by Jean Michel, Maria, Danielle, Sue or Lilia...
Several well-rounded knitters are available, the 2 hours long, to assist you in your knitting project : just ask them !
Next Coffee in 2020 : On February 7 at Villa Vauban. It will be followed by a guided tour of the collections.
On March 6 at Letzebuerg City Museum, as on April 3, May 8, and June 12. The coffee session of June will be followed by a guided tour of the collections.
- Knitting in the Park
Every year, from July to September, Mamie et Moi answer to the Villa Vauban's call for Villa Plage program. Once a week on Mondays afternoon, Mamie et Moi facilitate a 2 hours knitting-workshop, beneath shady trees. A Luxembourgish's must-attend knitting rendez-vous !
Subscribe to our newsletter to be informed of the 2020 Edition.
- Inclusive Knitting Coffees
Mamie et Moi offers to its members a fantastic occasion to build bridges and links with the "refugees" living in Lily Unden Red Cross Foyer.
Once a month (at least), we organise a Knitting Coffee in the Foyer : our grannies help the residents ( women & children, mainly) to learn or re-discover how to knit; all the material they need to realize their own hat, pull-over or else, is provided by us and the Red Cross.
Step by step, the residents start talking, sharing experiences, specific know-hows.
If you are interested in taking part of our Inclusive Knitting Coffees, please pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next coffee in 2020 : February 13, April 9, May 14, June 4, July 2, from 2 to 5 PM.
To attend the Mamie et Moi Knitting-Coffees :
- Get the Membership card, and feel free to come to all the workshops and activities we propose in 2020 !
Any question ? email@example.com
They trust us
Méli-Mélo 2016 Festival (Belgium): temporary installation made out of yarn + knitting demo by our grannies
Nuit des Merveilles of Bettembourg 2016 : Oversized traditional living-room replica on place de l'église + XXL knitting demo
Musée d’Histoire de la Ville de Luxembourg, Nuits des Musées 2014:
- Realization of a woolen rainbow on poles outside the museum;
- set up of an event in the elevator of the Museum: a real lounge at the heart of the elevator: about ten grannies were knitting while sitting comfortably on the sofa with a cup of tea in; visitors were surprised, amused and often sat with our grannies for a few moments to discuss and learn how to knit.
- “Pompon et Tricotin”: Organization of a workshop for small babies.
Luxembourg Red Cross, 2014 Centennial Ball
- Creation and sale of accessories on the theme of the color “Red” for guests at the gala (bow ties, ties, strips, pins, earrings, pouches and bags, etc.).
- Auction of a “Yarn Bombing Tree” prize, or a knitted dressing of a tree in a private property.
Just like them, if you wish to submit a project, do not hesitate. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org !